Sunday, April 7, 2013

Urban Legends

I've been working here for about one week now. Generally, the classes tend to keep their rooms clean, and the teachers are generally okay as far as letting me in goes. I have had to settle a dispute between two sophmores. Then I get to garden.

I love the garden. It sits at the center of the courtyard of the high school, that is surrounded by benches and the ring-shaped cafeteria that surrounds the school (it's a cylindrical shape, btw).

At the center of the garden is the tree.

A tall, overhanging willow, still without buds, but it's barely out of winter at this point, so that's expected. I just sit there. I sit there and think about my life before, and how I'm so glad to have gotten over it.

But I have heard things from the kids around the school.

They talk about The Weeping Woman. Apparently, even the teenagers are so fearing of this woman that they are trying their hardest to do good to not anger her, even small things like littering, thank God. The fight I had to break up was about the Weeping Woman as well, apparently.

They say she's a woman. A woman engulfed in unnatural shadow, even in full daylight. A woman that cries black blood.

It's interesting, and kudos to this urban legend for making my job easier.

-Jacob Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment