Monday, April 8, 2013

The Stitches are Finally Gone

The doctor said they'd be gone in two months. A knife wound up my arm. Parting gift from Sheila. I took the time to go back through my records...

...I guess I could talk about what I'm- well- talking about. That's what blogs are for right? Venting and shit? I don't know. I moved here so I could get away from my problems, but

Back five or so years ago, I was still married to Sheila. She's left a lot of scars- physical and otherwise. We met in Delaware, got married in 2002, and we had two children. It wasn't till 2005 that I found out she was a serious alcoholic, and our second kid, Daniel... oh God damn her. She took a nice, tender life away from him by drinking while pregnant. She drank so much in those nine months that it actually affected his genetic makeup, and gave him Trisomy 18- Edward's Syndrome.

Then she took what happened with Daniel out on me. She broke two fingers on my right hand. Then when I foolishly refused to fight back or defend myself, she realised I'm a good punching bag to take out all her shit on. Every time she had a problem, she got drunk and thrashed me. Then she started using blunt weapons and started breaking bigger bones.

I've tried easing her when she sobered up and realized what she did. She had help for a while.

Then I saw her go back to her old ways, and start breaking Dan's arm.

I divorced her. She somehow kept up a poker face, accused me of abuse, passed off all the lacerations and broken bones as isolated incidents (why did I keep covering up for her in the goddamn medical reports) and it was all my lawyer could do to keep the tables from completely turning onto me and getting me a long prison sentence.

In the end, she got full custody of the kids. Last I heard, Danny "fell down the stairs..."

Goddammit. I'm going to go out. I need a drink and the principal says that my loitering around the school is a little unnerving and that now the kids are making me an urban legend. "The Right Hand of The Weeper."

"Right Hand of The Weeper" my fucking ass. Like an urban legend's gonna recruit my ass for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment