Sunday, April 7, 2013

Black Blood

I found something today. Honestly, I... I'm not sure what it is, and I don't think I want to know.

I was mopping up Room 213 when I saw the little droplets of it in the next room over, leading away. I went over to take a look and it was pitch black. It seemed to be almost curling into smoke in the air, and it reflected no light.

I stared at it for a good long while. I was reminded... reminded of the children's stories...

(SHE BLEEDS BLACK BLOOD)
But it's probably... pudding? No, it couldn't be pudding. Or it could be blood that's coagulated and dried... but that wouldn't work either.

No... it'd have to be... ...but it couldn't possibly be that either, I know that, but then I heard the sobbing. The sobbing was louder. It's got to be in my mind. So I cleaned up the substance as best I could.

(BLACK BLOOD)

and I tried my best to find the source of the substance. It seemed to stop on the stairs. What was it? I went straight home. I didn't feel like resting by the tree that day.

-Jacob Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment