Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Plan for Escape

I now have a dozen cuts on my face and arms from multiple sources, and we haven't even made our escape yet.

Blood isn't happy with the prospect of leaving the Willow. I tried again to explain to her that those things outside don't care about her whatsoever, and then she screamed at me, yelled that I was lying, then pulled out a box cutter and attacked me with it. Branches also started poking through her skin and those cut at me, too. Eventually I wrestled the box cutter out of her hand and kept her away from the front door long enough for her to get tired and rest.

I patched myself up as best I could using as few materials from my first aid kit as I possibly could and- here I am.

So... I have to come up with a plan. Blood obviously isn't going to comply with anything, no matter what I tell her. One of the things outside- probably the Willow- has some kind of control over the poor girl. Pheromones? Like a drug or something? Maybe, I don't know, but I'm going to have to find a way to either convince her to come with me, or (my God I sound horrible just saying this as a possibility) taking her by force, and keeping her away from those things outside whether she wants to stay away from them or not. It sounds horrible, but those unnatural abominations outside is a much worse alternative and I think most of you would agree with me there.

So, while Blood's still passed out from overexertion, I'm going to try to figure out the escape here.

Supplies:

  • Two hiking packs, one small (my older son Phillip used to use it) and one large both in good condition.
  • Eight or twelve water bottles.
  • Ten canned goods- two peaches, three corn, two peas, three ravioli.
  • One can opener.
  • One first aid kit, running low on gauze, burn cream, and butterfly bandages, but still fully stocked with other bandages and salves as well as stuff for stiches.
  • One hunting knife
  • One 9mm pistol with 73 rounds
Four to six water bottles will be placed in each pack, three canned goods will go in the smaller pack and seven in the larger, and the first aid kit goes in the smaller pack. The hunting knife and pistol rounds stay with me and I'm not even going to think of telling Blood about the gun or knife. I don't completely trust her, she's still to enthralled by the Willow to trust completely, and either way she has those- branch things, I suppose.

Plan:
  1. Wait until the Doll and the Willow are occupied fighting each other.
  2. Slip out the window in the back of the guest bedroom.
  3. Try to make our way through the middle line of the house for three miles or so.
  4. Find a car- there is a car dealership nearby and there may still be a working car.
  5. Get out of the county and don't stop until both of those things are far out of sight.
That's about it.

The only thing I have to do now is tell Blood about someth

No comments:

Post a Comment